Diversity Awareness Training Course
The modern workforce is changing. As its cities become more and more cosmopolitan so its workforces are becoming diverse. The modern workforce is made up of employees of difference race, age, gender, sexuality religion and disabilities. A diverse workforce has the potential to be a strong, vibrant and dynamic workforce but it also has the potential to cause friction, misunderstanding and discrimination. This applies not only to the way in which the workforce interacts with itself but also in its relationship to clients.
If a diverse workforce is to be strong it needs to understand its strengths and weaknesses. It needs to build on its strengths and minimise its weaknesses. This course is aimed at helping a workforce attain this. By looking at the different aspects of diversity, the ways in which diverse people interact and the basis for profitable relationships, a diverse workforce can build on its strengths prevent discrimination and become an asset to the organisation.
- To explore and understand interpersonal relationships within a diverse group
- Identify strengths and weakness of a diverse workforce
- Assist diverse groups to build on strengths
- Prevent discrimination
- Promote healthy interpersonal relationships
- The Basics of Interpersonal Relationships
- The Strengths of Diverse Workforces
- The Weaknesses of Diverse Workforces
- Strategies to Maximise the Advantages of Diversity
- Defining Discrimination
- Preventing Discrimination
- Dealing with Discrimination
- Developing Healthy Interpersonal Relationships